Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wandering Through My Mind 16 MAY 12

There is nothing like a long, leisurely drive from Chicago to Baltimore to remind me of the fights we have with our bodies. In particular, odd schedules and sleep deprivation. It's been a while since I've driven this far, and I've had too many close encounters of the 18th kind on this night. Watching an 18 wheeler swerve off the road and then into my lane in several separate instances during the night in Pennsylvania and Maryland is not what I remembered.

Some TV pundit suggested that people who think they don't make enough money are not working hard enough. I guess the solution must be to dump the regulations on truck drivers so they can drive enough hours during a day to prove they can work harder or die trying, or kill someone else while trying. 

I think the TV pundit guy might try thinking about why there used to be regulations on how many hours a driver could work without rest, or how many hours a pilot could fly without rest, or ...

No comments:

Post a Comment