Thursday, September 13, 2012

Custodial Time Killing

My Bachelor of Science degree is in Occupational Education. When I studied Abraham Mazlow's "Hierarchy of Needs" I thought it was so obvious that everybody with an I.Q. above room temperature would intuitively know it. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

When I was teaching in high schools in California and Illinois, it seemed that my job was more about crowd control than education. I had great students, but many of them suffered badly at the hands of our society and behaved accordingly. I can't blame people for reacting to their environment.

Norman Goldman replies:

Norman Goldman
Sep 11 (2 days ago)

to me
custodial time killing is sadly the mission of many schols, Gene...until the "kids" go off to prison.

norm

No comments:

Post a Comment