Friday, August 17, 2012

A Wonderful Thing

Today we inunrned the ashes of Commander William Alcott Savory, U.S. Navy Reserve, in Arlington National Cemetery. A few important people attended, and were quite moved, and moved by me to take up video cameras to steal the scenes. The scenes at ANC were quite impressive, and very well rehearsed by the Navy team who performed. It was an amazing production.

Afterwards, Sonny McGown, Loren Schoenberg, Rob and Chris Bamberger and I invaded a quiet hole in the area to reminisce at the wonder of Bill Savory's life. I set up a camera and tried to give them space to spill their shit about Bill, and a wonderful thing ensued.

There isn't enough room in this entry to even briefly state what he was about. The audio and video may show a little picture of this amazing man who was my father.

So, I state my love for people like Loren, Sonny, Chris and Rob who preserve the art that is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment