Wednesday, August 8, 2012

goddamn proprietary operating systems and monopolies

I'm just tired of this crap. I cannot install software in Windows 7 because of permissions. I cannot access my own directories because of permissions. I can't save files to some directories because I don't have permission. I PAID FOR THIS SHIT! I AM THE OWNER! I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR! I AM A SUCKER!

Microsoft says "go to the user community and get help from the other friendly people (that we screwed)." Right - go there and ask some of the 12,000 people who have the same problem you do for help with something the Microsoft should fix. Microsoft wrote junk software, but won't fix it. They won't let programmers look at the source code. Fix it with FM (Fucking Magic) because Microsoft is busy building the next operating system, which is really a service pack for the current one (but costs money because it's a "new" system).

So much for "free enterprise" and "free markets" and "competition" within our great economic power house. We're just screwed. It's long past time to strip the monopolies and oligarchies from our society; they're parasites.


No comments:

Post a Comment